Tuesday, December 06, 2011

OH HENRY!!!

I'm a sucker for a good period drama and back in 2002 I was watching The Count of Monte Cristo, starring Jim Caviezel, Guy Pearce and Richard Harris and my eye caught a young actor playing the fop, Albert Mondego.  I thought he was gorgeous: perfect lips, a jawline to die for and eyes that sparkled.  I wouldn't see him again until 2007 in Stardust, but I didn't recognize him.  In 2010 Henry Cavill starred in The Tudors as Charles Brandon, confidant to Henry VIII and really made his mark and I was in love. He's starring right now as Theseus in The Immortals and next year as Clark Kent and Superman in Man of Steel.  At some point I hope he gets back to making period pieces because he's perfect in costume dramas (and out of costume). Oh, and he played rugby as a lad.  I think I might go to a movie tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no surprise that a rugger would be chosen as the new superman. also not surprising that a gentleman rugger would look good in period costumes. psst...we look even better nekid. lol.
cheers!