Monday, December 14, 2009

Woke up with Walking on Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves in my head. It has been raining for about four days and the sun came out this morning. After this I'm going for a long walk. I'm playing the song as I write this. I never really liked the song all that much, but it sounds good this morning. Went to see Invictus yesterday. I looked up the poem and read the background. The man who wrote it, wrote it from his hospital bed after he had his leg amputated. Nelson Mandela supposedly had it on his prison cell for 27 years in South Africa. Turns out he actually gave another poem by Theodore Roosevelt to the team captain, Francoise. I woke in the middle of the night with gratitude and thanking God for all that I have. It is so easy to focus on the part that is not there in the glass. I have so much. My cousin is working with families that are sleeping in their cars. I'm going to make gingerbread this morning. I love the smell of it baking.

No comments: